Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten


To top off my emotional week....Jacob started Kindergarten yesterday! I am amazed that he is already going to "big boy" school! We all woke up early and ate a good breakfast. Then we were quickly off to school. We have to leave the house by 7:10am in order to be there on time. Jacob was super excited and a bit nervous too. I walked him to his classroom and met his teacher. He seemed very comfortable and found his seat. I stayed for about 5 minutes. "You doing OK?" I asked him. "Sure!" I waited until I got to the car until the tears started rolling down my face. Brady is in the back saying, "Cry? Cry? Cry?"


I picked him up and he told me all about his day. He said, "We got to play on the playground today! Only they don't call it playing on the playground. They call it recess!!" He did learn something!


Today was a little different. Once we got to school Jacob seemed a little more nervous. I told him that it was time for me to leave and he got really sad and teary. I asked if he was OK and he said, "Yes, I guess I have something in my eye." Oh gosh! I had to swallow hard and hold back the tears. (Until I got to the car!)

11 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

That is a sweet story. I am sure it is difficult to see your baby to to Big Boy School!

megan said...

Oh, now you've got me crying!!! I can't handle it!

Unknown said...

me too! big tears... and i've still got another year! you can do it kat! i believe in you!

Varna said...

Aw, Jacob, so cute! I love the old 'something in my eye' excuse. My cousin even used that at his wedding- and he was 30!

Jane said...

Oh my gosh what a little sweetie! He looks so cute all dressed up for his first day!
I'm curious to know what's in his lunch box????

cod said...

Just as I was about to type a comment,Jacob called to tell me about his day.

((((((((Jacob)))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Mommy)))))))))))))))))))))))))

melissa said...

I am so sorry about your loss! I have been thinking of you and your darling family. Much love..Melissa C

The Baur Family said...

Oh how sweet! I thought I was ready to send Andrew off to school on Monday, but now I'm not so sure! :(

Amy J said...

Awwww. It's so strange to think about the fact I have a kindergartener. They seem so little still, especially amongst all the older kids.

Amy J said...

Awwww. It's so strange to think about the fact I have a kindergartener. They seem so little still, especially amongst all the older kids.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I remember that day so well...

Mine is gonna be A JUNIOR.

:::THUD:::