Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thoughts on Things I Saw This Week....

This week I have seen some interesting/strange things and I thought I would share.

*I saw a man dressed in a blue striped seersucker suit coming out of the courthouse. He even wore a flat brimmed hat. He looked like the fourth member of a barbershop quartet looking for a small town street corner to sing "Goodnight Ladies". Where did he come from? Where was he going?

*At my In-laws house I saw a new bottle of Breck Shampoo. Yes a new bottle. I didn't know they even made Breck Shampoo anymore. I do remember the first time I saw Brooke Shields was a magazine print add and she was the Breck Girl. (Kind of like today's Cover Girl.) After turning over the bottle I discovered that Breck is now made by Dial Soap. Strangely enough Breck Shampoo looks and smells an awful lot like Dial Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap. Hmmm....

*Yesterday I was behind a beautifully polished hearse with Arkansas plates. What are they doing in the Carolinas? Was the deceased so afraid of flying that even posthumously they drove half way across the country to rest in peace? Maybe this vehicle isn't being used for its intended purpose. A family wagon? A delivery (so to speak) vehicle? I'm still wondering about this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a funny post! Love it! I would love for you to spin all 3 observations into a script for a made for tv movie. I would go see it.

cod said...

We got that bottle of Breck for a wedding gift.

You didn't use it did ya??????

88:¬o

Hey didn't B start school this week? Came in looking for a photo.