Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just Dreaming

Have you ever had one of those dreams that just stick with you?   It is a little too strange to ignore.  Well the other night I had one of those dreams.

My Great Uncle Harold was in my dream.  We always called him Uncle Brother because my Grandmother called him Brother her whole life.  It just seemed so natural to have an Uncle Brother and I never thought it was weird until one of my friends pointed out how odd it truly was.

Anyway...my dream took place at my Uncle Brother and Aunt June's back yard.  Uncle Brother approached me with his horse Pepper in tow.  I remember Pepper.  He was a tall white horse with back specks on his back end.  Uncle Brother handed me the reins and said to me in his slow Southern accent, "It is now your turn to take over."  I took the reins and he tipped his hat to me and strolled away. 

That is it.  It may be nothing but the dream was so vivid.  I even did some research to find some possible meanings to my dream. 

To dream of Horses -

To see a horse in your dream symbolizes strength, power, endurance.  It also represents a strong, physical energy. You need to tame the wild forces within. The dream may also be a pun that you are "horsing around". Alternatively, to see a horse in your dream indicates that you need to be less arrogant and "get off your high horse".

If the horse is white, then it signifies purity, prosperity and good fortunes.

To dream of an Uncle -

To see your uncle in your dream represents some aspect of your family heritage and trait. It also symbolizes new ideas and emerging awareness. Consider the idiom "say uncle" to mean surrender or admit defeat.

I am not sure how to put these pieces together and not sure if I really want to know it's specific meaning.  I just can't get the image of this dream out of my head. 

Last night Uncle Brother and Pepper crept into my dreams again.  This time he said to me, "Please take care of everything." Then handed me the reins, tipped his hat, and strolled away.  

Hmmm...

Now I really can't stop thinking about what this dream could possibly mean.

Today at lunch, Brady and I went to Panda Express.    After eating I cracked open my fortune cookie.  My message : YOU WILL RECEIVE A MESSAGE FROM A GREAT DISTANCE.  Ok. Now I am completely freaked out.  I need to figure out what this message is and how to handle it.  What am I supposed to do with the reins. 

Maybe tonight I will get some answers.....
 
 
 

2 comments:

vickie said...

THAT is super-cool. and not coincidental.

you're getting signs -- now you just need to figure out: about what?

is there something you need/want to be doing? some kind of change?

something that would require you to take charge (or take the reins) and just DO it?

or some kind of unfinished family business that should be put to rest?

keep watching for more signs!

cod said...

Very interesting!!