Saturday, February 16, 2008

Vacuum Trouble

My philosophy - "If it ain't broke...don't go buy a new one!" We have had our vacuum cleaner for just over 10 years. It was one of our first purchases when we moved into our first house in Burlington, KY. I'm not sentimental about a vacuum cleaner or anything, just not ready to give it up. Anyway, as all of you know we have our house on the market and vacuuming is a daily activity. Well, on Thursday I was vacuuming away and BOOM!! Uh-Oh! Yes, right before a showing the darn thing exploded! Panic set in! With Tod and work and Jacob at school, it was only Brady and I there to deal with the situation and we all know Brady is not going to be much help! After standing there in sheer amazement of the massive amout of dust and dirt and gook all over the place, I finally pulled myself together and started piecing together our dear vacuum cleaner. It only took me 20 minutes, two screw drivers, a few four letter words, and a new vacuum bag to fix the vacuum. I'm just proud of myself for mending my reliable vacuum. And, yes, it works better than ever!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that sucks!

Which in THIS case is good! ;¬)

Proud of you, Kat!

(and keep posting)