Wednesday, February 20, 2008

John? Who's John?

This morning on the way to school Jacob told me that he is going to change his name to John.

Me -"Why John, Don't you like Jacob?"
Jacob - "I just think it is a cool name and will make me cooler."
Me - "Ok. Can we call you Jacob and maybe your friends can call you John?"
Jacob - "No. I'm going to be John to everybody. Even you guys."
Me - "But, I like to call you Jacob."
Jaocb - "You are going to have to get over it!"
Me- "OK. If you put it that way I'll call you John."
John - "Good. Do I seem cooler!"
Me - "Yes. Much cooler."

After school he told me that no one in his class would call him John. "I guess I will go back to being Jacob." I told him that I thought Jacob was just as cool as John. "Yeah I guess so...."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I am laughing here. LOLing if you will! It's like the "boy with the yellow hair" story I made up for Jac......John.....Jacob!

Tell Jacob he is the coolest boy I know!

Great writing, Kat! Keep it up!

megan said...

Jacob is just too funny! He cracks me up.

Jane said...

I like Jacob much better! Tell him we miss our super cool nephew. Aidan is blowing him kisses right now! I love reading your blogs, Kat!!

Unknown said...

Just realized I can leave comments... I am not the sharpest crayon in the box.

Tell Jacob that he can be John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmit. I will call him that if he would like. : )

Leslie said...

Awww, Jacob! What a sweetie.

(I am laughing at Elaine's suggestion, though...)

Hug all your boys for me!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.