Monday, April 6, 2009

Rainy Days and Sunny Days

We have had such crazy weather this Spring. One day is rainy and cold the next day it is a sunny warm spring day. The boys have been going stir crazy on these rainy days. Jacob and Brady's Gran (Tod's Mom) gave Jacob an art set for his birthday. He loves to paint and draw. Gran is an artist and this is right up her ally! We broke out the paint set and the boys created many masterpieces.
Brady thought the paper plate was more fun to draw on than his paper.

As you can tell...Jacob is VERY serious about his artwork!


On Saturday the Charlotte Knights had their Family Fun Day. We got a tour of the stadium, lots of family friendly fun, and free hotdogs! We love going to the Knights games and this was a bonus for us. As you can tell..there wasn't many people there...didn't matter to us! Lots of fun!







They had an inflatable "boxing" ring and Jacob just had to participate. His opponent was a much bigger kid. Tod asked Jacob, "You sure you want to do this?" Jacob, "YES!" Much bigger kid said, "Don't worry. I'll go easy on him!" Yikes! The boxing gloves were about 3 feet tall. It was so funny to watch and much bigger kid let Jacob get in a few good punches. It was hard to take his picture..this is the best one.



Brady loved the bounce house. He would have jumped all afternoon!

Here's my boys walking around the stadium.


You can never pass up a free hotdog!


I love this picture. Brady is watching batting practice...all by himself.

On Sunday we tried out our new Carowinds season passes. Jacob is finally tall enough to ride all of the big kid rides. If only his courage was tall enough. He stuck to the little kid rides. Tod is riding with Jacob in the little cars.


Brady in the driver seat...not driving.


I took the boys on the little boats while Tod rode the BIG boy rides. Jacob drove while Brady rang the bell...constantly.


It was such a fun weekend. Tomorrow we are going to have another cold rainy day. May need to break out the paints again!

4 comments:

megan said...

Wow, I can't believe how empty the knights stadium was! I wish I had known, we would have loved that.

Karen said...

Looks like a fun weekend! We got Carowinds passes this weekend too... maybe we can use them together sometime.

cod said...

Oh Kat......Kat.......

::::::::sniff sniff sniff:::::::::

not only do i love the seriousness of jacob with a brush in his hand, and the smile on brady's face as he wickedly paints a plate............but the rest of the pictures are so sweet!

thank you for capturing these for a gran who misses the crap out of those boys!!

doing family stuff...........priceless!

A&B Bounce Houses in Tampa said...

I don't mean to comment on an old post, I realize this was literally 6 years ago and Brad is now older, but I have a kid that is his age (in the blog post, but my kid is his age now), and we are going through the process of actually renting a bounce house for him... I know a company in Tampa that does it (where you are, A & B Bounce Houses, that is abbouncehouses. com) but, I am not in that area, so i'll have to rent from someone else. I can tell you, out of all the times I have seen a kid in a bounce house (including myself back in the day and all my friends and siblings), I have never seen a kid have a bad experience. They love it, every time. I had a bounce house for one of my birthday parties once, and it was the only thing all my friends talked about for an entire year afterwards. Bounce houses are cool, bottom line! and they always make the party better! Anyway, glad they had a good time, hopefully all goes well, and I wish you the best of luck!