Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Snow Bunnies!

Well, it's been about eight years since I have been skiing. It's about time! My very dear friend, Tracy and I decided to take a trip into the North Carolina mountains and see if we could conquer the slopes. Neither of us had skied in a very long time so there were no expectations of "swooshing" down the mountain.

Tracy failed to inform me that she is a MUCH better skier than me! The first run was pretty easy. We stayed on the easiest slope for a while. Then we ventured to the midway point. I tumbled down the mountain until we reached the easy slope. Then it was smooth sailing.

Here we are on the ski lift.


You can't tell, but it was really crowded. What a beautiful day!



After about two hours of skiing we were so hot! We went back to our locker and took off most of our layers. On the way out we passed the bar and had to have a little liquid courage to go to the top of the mountain!!



We skied for the rest of the afternoon and had such a good time. Tracy gracefully skiing down the mountain and me creating the snowball effect behind her! It has been three days since our trip and I am still sore with a huge bruise on my knee. Whenever I feel the soreness I just remember how much fun it was to spend the day with my friend!

6 comments:

Jane said...

That's awesome Kat!! Looks like so much fun!

cod said...

((((Snowbunnies)))) I am glad that you were brave enough to try this sport once again, and that you got away for the weekend, but mostly that you are such great friends. 8¬)

megan said...

That sounds like such a fun trip!!!! When I saw your status I was thinking it was a family ski trip--a girls' trip sounds way more fun at this stage ;)

melissa said...

I am so happy you all had time together! Looks like a fantastic girls trip..hugs to you both! Melissa C

Unknown said...

so jealous!! the last time i went skiing (8 years ago too!) they took me away in a medivac helicopter! glad you girls had such a wonderful trip!! you've inspired me to hit the slopes again soon!

Mya said...

Haven't been skiing in years either. If I get to go I hope I fare as well as you. I was tickled about your comment that your friend did not inform you of her skiing abilities. This is a senario that repeats itself often. Ever been invited to play Bridge (or anything else for that matter) and were assured that all participants were novices? sure