Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bedtime

Bedtime is always a source of stress for me. Getting the boys bathed, dressed, read to, and calmed down is quite a chore. Now with the sun staying out longer it is even harder to drag them inside for bedtime.

We made a decision to have the boys share a bedroom. We bought bunk beds that are two double beds so they have plenty of room to grow into their beds. Do they use all of this room? Well, yes and no. Both boys either sleep in the bottom bunk or the top bunk...together. After tucking them in I turn off the light and walk down the hallway. I can hear little giggles and lots of shuffling. They are changing beds. This happens several times each night. The boys will start off in the bottom bunk then shift to the top bunk. One of them will have to go potty so then they will move on down to the bottom bunk. It goes on like this for a while. We also hear lots of "Stop it's! and Get off me's!, but mostly it is giggling.

Some nights it is frustrating to get them to settle down with several trips to their room to quiet them down. I keep reminding myself that these noises are good. They like each other. They are sharing with each other. They want to spend time together. I just need to remind myself of this at 10pm when they are still awake giggling!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

That is really cute. I'm sure it's a tad annoying from your perspective because you want them to get a good night's sleep but they will have nice memories. "Hey Brady, remember when we were kids and we'd play musical bunk beds all night?" "Wasn't that the best, Jacob?!"

Jane said...

Awwww! That is super cute! Brotherly love. I can see why that would be frustrating too but when they're older they'll want their own rooms and space.
Yes, these are great bonding memories. My brothers did the same thing growing up. I was always so jealous because I had to sleep all by myself!

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cod said...

I see that brotherly bond get tighter and tighter. I love it!!

Unknown said...

you are fostering memories that they will always have... even with the sleep deprivation! : )