Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"B"

It seems like letter names are a big deal in our house. I never really noticed it until Brady came along. Let me explain...

When I met Tod everyone called him OD for O'Donnell. Honestly I thought his name was "Odie" at first and thought that was just strange! Anyway, the OD letter name stuck all through college.

Tod is actually his initials. My sister calls him T-O-D. Yep, spells it out. Yet another Letter name for him.

About 18 months after Jacob was born we realized that every other male child has the name Jacob. He needed a nickname! He didn't really look like a Jake. We even thought of him going by his initials.... J.T., but that didn't stick. So he is known by J. Not Jay. Just the letter J.

I thought having an OD and a J would be enough. Nope. Brady just kind of evolved into B. We have always called him B. He loves it. He loves having a letter name. He even lovingly named his blanket B also. Our B has a B.

The other day I was sitting in the Kitchen with B and his B. I asked him if he loved his B. He said, "Yes! Mommy, you are a "B" too!" At first I was shocked. We all know what being a B really is. TOD, wiping away tears, said, "I think he means it as a compliment!!" I sure hope so. It would be nice to have a letter name. Just not sure if I want to be called a "B"!!!


3 comments:

cod said...

K
KOD
...but not a B. ;¬)

Give J and B a hug from G and G.

Miss you!

Jane said...

Awww! He LOVES his mama!! Cute!

cod said...

He heard Daddy calling her that, I bet. Aw.