Tuesday, January 18, 2011

And It Is Only Day Two!!

I didn't realize how fortunate I was.

Tod left yesterday for a two week business trip to Seattle. At first I was really excited for him. A new city, a great opportunity, and a little change of scenery would be good for him. There was no way he was going to pass up this chance to work in Seattle. I don't blame him.

Usually when Tod gets home from work there is a collective, "Daddy's home!!" He gives me a kiss and wrestles with the boys. The family has dinner, talks, plays, watches TV, reads, then off to bed.

Yesterday was fine. It was actually a pretty fun day and flew by. Today has been very busy and is just now winding down. Brady has asked, "Hey..When is Daddy coming home?" about a dozen dimes. Jacob has asked me to throw the football then quickly gives up once he realizes that I don't throw with Daddy precision. They both want to wrestle but Mommy Rules are no fun. I have a movie to watch tonight and not looking forward to it because there will be no one to snuggle with.

I have many friends whose husbands travel each week. I bow down to you! I don't know how you do it. It is only day two of this two week journey into single parenthood. I may have to start happy hour a little early!

5 comments:

Jane said...

2 weeks is rough!! That would make me a little crazy. I would be a horrible single-parent! Make lot's of plans to wear everyone out. Slumber party in Mommy's bed!! :) Hang in there!

cod said...

Aw (((Kat))) movies aren't the same without snuggling are they?

I remember the single parent/traveling daddy days well. Tom traveled like this always and I guess I was more used to it and so were the boys.

Can't say I liked it though!!

Last night Randy said "what a neat young family they (you guys) are. Those kids are so well behaved and polite".

:¬)

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Aww! That was very sweet of Randy to say!

Karen said...

Aww... I wish I had read this earlier. Dave was out of town this week too. We could have at least had a Daddy-less diner together somewhere! Dave will be here next week (trip got canceled), but let me know next time Tod is gone - Dave will most likely be gone too since he's out about 50-75% of weekdays.

melissa said...

Hang in there!!! YOU CAN DO IT:) melissa C