Friday, February 18, 2011

The Artist

We are constantly trying to find that one thing that the boys truly want to do. Something that they are passionate about. Jacob has been a very hard nut to crack. He likes so many different things.

He loves sports. He plays soccer, football, and baseball. He doesn't want to play for a team. He doesn't want to practice. He just wants to play. Not keeping score. Just play. He doesn't have a competitive bone in his body. Once at soccer camp the other team scored a goal and Jacob was giving them all high fives!! He just doesn't care if he wins or loses. He just wants to play.

Last year he told me that he wanted to be in commercials. I cringed a little. (I didn't want to be a stage mom!) I found a great talent agency in Charlotte that works with talent of all ages for commercials and print work. I had no idea what to expect. There were about fifty people there to audition. Jacob was the 5th person in line. He looked so cute and confident. He had to walk in front of all of the applicants and repeat a two line commercial. He did OK. We didn't make it to the second round, but it was a great experience. As we left Jacob said, "That was fun, but I don't want to do that again." (whew!)

This year Jacob has a great art teacher at school. He has been bringing home some great paintings. My Mother-in-law, who is an incredible artist, noticed that Jacob has quite a talent. I found a place that teaches kids all about art. He is learning so much and I think we found his passion.


Here is his Koi fish painting...


Cherry Blossom Tree...


This one he did at school..it is my favorite!!

6 comments:

Amy J said...

Those are fantastic paintings! I would definitely say he has talent! What place did you find to teach kids about art?

Mary Ickert said...

Oh my goodness those are fantastic. Yes, a true budding artist you have there. You are such a great Mom to support him with his commercial adventure and now this. I miss seeing you sweet friend. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Please tell Jacob he has a fan!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gran has another prodigy. Awesome

Gumps

cod said...

I had not seen that last one, Kat. It's so soft and beautiful!

I can't stop smiling. Love when he calls me on Wednesday evenings to tell me about his art class.

megan said...

That is so cool that you found his passion, he certainly has talent!!! You're such an awesome mom!

Jane said...

J is super talented!! I'm so glad you cracked that nut! :) I know you guys must be so proud.