Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hooray! Hooray!

I remember my Mom reading the Berenstain Bears books to me as a little girl. My absolute favorite book has always been The Bears' Vacation by Jan and Stan Berenstain. It is a story about the Bear family going on their summer vacation and Papa Bear is showing Small Bear how to stay safe while on their trip. Whenever my family took a trip as we pulled out of the driveway someone from the front seat always quoted the very first lines of the book...


Hooray! Hooray!

We are on our way!

Our summer vacation

starts today!


I know this may seem like a silly memory, but it has always created that excitement of a family vacation. It always felt like we were starting off on the right foot. Usually my sister and I would roll our eyes as Mom and Dad would quote the book, but deep down we were reciting it ourselves.


Well, I am totally outing myself here...


After we had kids....I now quote The Bears' Vacation book as we pull out of the driveway. And yes, there are three sets of eyes rolling! It doesn't bother me at all. I know that the spirit of a fun family vacation is in front of us. I know that we may have a long car ride, but that is all part of the adventure.


We are headed to my parents tonight in North Carolina to cut off some of the travel time tomorrow. Then on Friday we head to the Bluegrass State!!

We will have a big O'Donnell Family wedding on Saturday and lots of family fun the rest of the week.

The boys and I will then fly to Louisiana to see my Grandmother. She is 90 years old and cannot wait for us to get there. I am sure I will gain 10 pounds in crawfish while there! Yum!


I almost cannot contain my excitement that we are starting off our summer with two fun family vacations. I might as well start now.....


Hooray! Hooray!

We are on our way!

Our Summer vacation

starts today!!!!!


2 comments:

cod said...

Kat.....first of all.....this story is so well expressed and so sweet!

Secondly.......YAY!! Drive safely, recite the line from the book and know that we are all excited too!

Gimps gets out today!

cod said...

Omg...what a typo, Gumps! New iPad!