Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Favorite Quote

My new obsession is Pinterest.  I can get lost in this website.  We even painted our living room black...yep...BLACK after seeing some gorgeous pictures of black rooms.  It looks beautiful and was glad a daring decision turned out so beautifully.

Yesterday I came across this quote (not sure who the author is) - 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "Whoo Hoo, what a ride!"                          

I LOVE this.

I am not one to take risks, to seek danger, or to live a life of excess.  I do like to live my life though.  I am still learning to not be so careful all of the time, not be the one who sits on the sideline, and not to be the parent who wraps their children in bubble wrap every time they go out of the house.  Again - I am still learning NOT to be this person.

This quote is going to be my new motto in life.  I want to enjoy this ride.  I want to be able to tell the stories instead of listening to them.  I want to show my kids that there are joys in life to be experienced and we may skin our knees and elbows in the process.

3 comments:

cod said...

Kat! You are amazing!

I look at you as one ready to commit to things that I would never even consider! I can see you are challenging yourself. Painting your living room black, participating in a triathlon, running each and every day, donating bone marrow.........will we some day be addressing you as Madam President!?!?

Your blog is inspiring and touching. You and Tod have grown so well together, it almost leaves me breathless.

I am proud!

gumps said...

would that make tod the first lady?

Seriously, Kat, you guys are doing a great job, both with yourselves and your kids. Keep up the good fight.

Luvya

Unknown said...

here here! if you decide to run the country, i'll vote for you!!!