Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Paycheck

Today I got my first paycheck in three years. I didn't think I would be emotional about a piece of paper. After talking to some of my stay at home mommy friends about the monotony of our daily lives, I decided to do something about it. I have been volunteering at Jacob's school once a week. This is very rewarding. I get to participate in his education. It may be as simple as making copies, but I feel like I am being useful. Well, Brady's school called me to be a substitute for his class. I have to admit subbing for a 2 year old preschool class isn't my cup of tea. Lots of runny noses, whining, and a strange sense of organized chaos. After school I took an hour nap! I did feel useful and loved seeing Brady with all of his classmates. They were all so adorable. Today I received my paycheck. My paycheck. That sounds nice.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Nice!! Congrats Mommy!! I'll bet that feels great.

So the little ones wore you out huh? I couldn't even imagine!

Carainn said...

Great.

Enjoy, it fun to be back in the world, not just the boys mammy.

love Carainn

cod said...

Hey....very cool, Kathryn!