Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ladies of the Y

Everyday (well, most days!) after taking Jacob to school, Brady and I venture to the Y. We are always one of the first ones checking into Child Watch. There are three grandmotherly ladies that work in the mornings. All these ladies want to do is cuddle and snuggle with the little ones. When babies come in they scramble to the front to hold and rock them. Today while dropping Brady off at Child Watch there was a collective..."BRADY'S HERE!" All three ladies were so happy to see him. Brady jumped up and said, "YAY!"

After my workout I went to pick him up and he wasn't there. Panic! The ladies told me that they sent him to Wee Fit because he said he wanted to go. Which is a program for 3-5 year olds to teach them some exercises. I was a little stunned that they sent him without me knowing, but I knew he was in good hands and they were already walking back from class. One of the ladies pulled me aside and said, "Now you know...Brady is our favorite. He sings for us. He dances for us. He plays nicely. And we missed him today so this might be his last time going to Wee Fit!" She laughed. I was touched to see that they seemed to truly care for him and the rest of the kids in the Child Watch.

When we left there was a collective, "Bye Bye Brady!" Brady said, "Bye!" I said, "Thank you!"

5 comments:

Karen said...

Ohh, how sweet! I love to hear things like this!

Amy J said...

How awesome that Brady is having such a wonderful time there and that he's getting excellent care. I know that makes working out easier.

cod said...

How could anyone NOT love that child? Mom said yesterday........"aw, that Brady."

What a sweet blog Kat! Keep on blogging. I love it. Makes me miss all of you just a wee bit less.

Therese said...

Kat, thank you for posting this. Steve and I are going to join the Y, after we are done with our 1 week free visit, and though I had seen many kids in the daycare, you never know what it is really like. I now feel more comfortable leaving K. and S. there. Maybe we'll see you there sometime.

Nic said...

I LOVE the grannies at the Y. When Will was little I timed my workouts so me could hang out with them.