Sunday, December 13, 2009

All Quiet

You know that moment when all is quiet. When everything just stops and there is that brief moment of silence. That single moment when your child has to make an announcement when all around you is so still and quiet. Well, Brady picked that exact moment today while IN CHURCH! He announced, "Take my underwear off! I have to go potty!" I could feel the heat rising up into my face. You can't just sneak out the back after that kind of announcement. I basically gathered our coats grabbed my purse and scooted us out without making any eye contact with anyone. After meeting Brady's demands, we found a spot in the lobby of the church and watched the rest of the service on the closed circuit TV. All was quiet again. Whew!

6 comments:

cod said...

Hey when one heaps praise and hugs and treats for announcements like these.........well they could happen anywhere, right?? LOL

Sorry

(((Mommy)))

Jennifer B. said...

Did he not go to the child care room that day? Sorry that happened! (But it is pretty funny.)

The Baur Family said...

ha! which service did you go to? we were at the 8:30, so if it was that one, rest assured that I did not hear it, so it couldn't have been THAT loud! ;)

cod said...

anyone in church who would not find that innocently adorable shouldn't be IN church, right? ;¬)

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Yes, the family behind me all giggled. The three old people in front of me probably didn't hear it. We went to the 10am service and it was PACKED. Just one of those moments!!!

Jane said...

LOL!! Potty training is the best! ;)