Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Letter to a Friend

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for being my friend. The funny thing about our friendship is that we are so different. We do not share the same beliefs religiously, politically, or even parentally. We come from such different backgrounds. Your roots are in the upper Midwest and mine are in the deep south. You are always of the "my cup runneth over" mindset and my cup is half full (and yes, half empty at times). You don't gossip and, well, I tend to "pass on" the unimportant chit chat of the day. You are a working Mom and I stay at home.

Tracy, thank you for being the person that you are. You never judge me when I go off on my tangents. You always come up with solid solutions to my crazy problems. I want to see the world with your compassion. I love that you pray each night with your family. I love that you are a believer in all things that are good. I love that you strive to be the best mom, wife, and friend. I am learning from you every day.

My wish is for every person to have a Tracy. You are a breath of fresh air, a secret keeper, a truth seeker, and my very best friend.

I love you and hope that I can be half the friend that you are.

Your forever friend,
Kathryn


4 comments:

Amy J said...

That is so sweet of you, Kat. I'm sure she would say the same to you. :)

cod said...

Oh my. Even I am weepy. I can't imagine how Tracey will feel!

Tracy said...

Tears are streaming...Oh Kathryn, thank you SO much!!! I absolutely think the same of you and I wish that each and every person could have a Kat! You are one in a million. You are a brilliant women with no false pretenses. You always inspire me to be better, do more. You always put others before yourself. It's hard for me to put into words what you do for me. In this fast pace life that I have chosen, it's hard to find a calm moment. Kathryn you are my calm.
Our friendship has no sense of time. It can be days or even weeks, but when I hear your voice or see you - no time has gone by. I am truly blessed. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being you.
Your friend forever,
Tracy:)

PS. You are a much better writer than me.

The Baur Family said...

What a special tribute to your friend! I think she is just as lucky to call you her "friend" too!