Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mail

Would I be revealing too much if I admit that I love to check the mail? This is truly one of my high points of the day.

I absolutely love the distinctive sound of the mail truck slowly making its way to our house. I do wait for our blue gloved mail carrier to get out of view before I eagerly waltz to the mailbox. No need to completely embarrass myself.....everyday.

My favorite mail day is Magazine Day. It is that one day of the month that every magazine is delivered. Opening the mailbox and seeing it completely stuffed gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

The worst mail day is Tuesday. Every Tuesday we get the Super Saver Ads. That's it. Just the Super Saver Ads full of discounted gutter cleaning, outdoor fireplaces, and hard wood flooring. I should just take Tuesday's off from my mail gathering, but I have that just-in-case feeling that maybe, just maybe there may be a little something extra in Tuesday's delivery.

We never get bills anymore thanks to online bill pay. We rarely get junk mail - an odd Geico or AAA membership may sneak through. This limits our mail to personal letters (which are rare thanks to email which isn't nearly as fun checking!), magazines, promotional ads, and Netflix movies.

There is talk that the USPS will stop Saturday delivery. I have mixed feelings about this. I like Saturday delivery because it comes earlier in the day. I don't have to wait until 4:30pm for the mail to get here. I also like Saturday delivery because I can time my Netflix movies for a Saturday movie night. I understand that the post office is losing money and they need to make cuts somewhere. Might I suggest stopping Tuesday delivery??

4 comments:

gumps said...

I have never experienced such an in depth analysis of the Postal Service and suggest you forward it to the Postmaster General (or is he a friend already?)

I am truly in awe of your insight.

great work!!

t

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way as you about the mail, a highlight of the day for sure. Since I subscribe to about 40 magazines (seriously), they arrive about every other day. I also wait until the mailman is out of sight before sneaking out to the mailbox. We're such nerds! ; ) Kelly

cod said...

:::::::clap clap clap:::::::::

You, girl, can tell a story. WELL DONE!

megan said...

I'm the same way! I get giddy when I hear his truck on the opposite side of the street, and watch for him to come back up my side :)