Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Arts and Crafts

Well, most of you know, I am not one for arts and crafts. I don't think I have the creative gene. Now, Tod's side of the family is very crafty. I was hoping that maybe my kids would inherit some creativity from the O'Donnell side.

Today Brady took some interest in the crayon/art box. I pulled out some construction paper and put him at the kitchen table. He colored for a long time. Perfectly content. I decided to sit at the table with him and do the daily crossword puzzle. I guess I was so engrossed in the crossword that I failed to notice that Brady had gotten hold of Jacob's scissors. He didn't cut his hair....the scissors just got stuck in his hair.

I guess art school is out of the question...


8 comments:

cod said...

It always makes me so happy when I see you've posted new pics and written new entries in your blog. The arts and crafts post at first made me burst with pride that little Brady was loving the artwork and then I scrolled down and have to admit, I laughed...a LOT.....although my heart went out to that little scared face.

I think Gumps will enjoy this.

megan said...

That picture is AWESOME!!! And you're a woman after my own heart--grabbing the camera to snap a quick picture before rescuing him! Too funny!!!!!

cod said...

Oh Megan, I was going to say that was "the O'Donnell Way".

Some things are just SO important to capture, right?

Carainn said...

Kat.
This is one for the books!
As you now I just love Brady little face:)
How is he feeling tonight.

love Carainn

Unknown said...

in addition to art school, i think surgeon might be out too. and maybe beautician. other than that brady... sky's the limit!!

(i love his face - he's so thinking "put down the stupid camera mom and save me from myself!!!!)

Jane said...

How funny! This is just the beginning of a little experimentation! Did he forgive you for taking a picture before freeing him?

Amy J said...

Hahaha, poor Brady! That is quite funny though. Hey, at least they didn't cut! :)

Varna said...

Hilarious! I love that you got the photo too! Congrats on the house contract- let us know when its final.