Saturday, December 13, 2008

Half Marathon



I can't be any prouder! Tod ran in his first half marathon this morning. He is so amazing. On Thursday he came home from work and told me that he was thinking of running in the Thunder Road Half Marathon. I said, "Wow. When is it?" Tod said, "Well, it is on Saturday." Huh? He has been running about three days a week and doing a long run on Saturdays for a while now. Tod has raced in many 5K's, a few 10K's, and a 15K, but nothing this long. He took the train to uptown early. I bundled the boys up and we met him at the finish line. We saw him round the corner and I shouted, "There he is!!" Jacob ran up and gave him a big high five and we cheered him to the finish. He finished in a very strong two hours.

Tod has always told me that if you set your mind to something you can accomplish it. You may not get it right the first time or hit a bump along the way, but as long as you keep focused you will be able to succeed in whatever you do. He makes me want to be a better person. I'm proud of you, Tod!

Next stop....NYC Marathon??

6 comments:

Carainn said...

Way to go Tod.

We are very proud of you.

Amy J said...

That is impressive. WTG Tod!

cod said...

Aw! That's a great post and a great tribute to your husband, Kat. I could not be prouder of him for so many reasons. I love you guys so much!!

Nic said...

I'm so impressed. Way to go! Scott runs with me once a year for the Race for the Cure. And it's only because he knows that my definition of sexy is a guy running and pushing a baby jogger.

melissa said...

Fantastic! What an accomplishment! On a side note..if he needs a good foot doctor I just found one. Watch out for those black toe nails! Great job!

Unknown said...

way to go tod!!!! that's AWESOME!!!

drew did the marathon two years ago and it was freezing so we did the same thing... met him at the finish!!

maybe he and drew can do the marathon next year and you and i can do the 5k together? i'm big at long term goals!