Friday, December 12, 2008

This week...

Not too much has happened this week. I have been sick with a cold/ear infections/cough for about 3 weeks now and I am sick of being sick! The ones suffering the most are Tod, Jacob and Brady. After being sick for 3 weeks I decided that it is time to stop being sick.

Yesterday the boys and I went to Stanly, NC to visit my friend Karen and her daughter Riley. We had such a fun afternoon. Riley is such a little spitfire. Her curly brown locks and extensive vocabulary makes her the cutest two year old I've ever met! We did have to drive through torrential rains to get there, but once we arrived a beautiful rainbow appeared. The kids were just as awe struck as we were.
Here is a picture of our back yard. Steele Creek floods every time it rains.
I do need to ask my friends for prayers today. Jacob's teacher's son is at Levine's Children's hospital today with digestive problems. He may need surgery. Also, my neighbor is having surgery today. He is having his malignant gallbladder removed, lymph nodes, possibly part of his liver and surgery to repair his colostomy. It is going to be a long day for him and his family and they need your prayers. Makes me feel bad for complaining about my cold!
Tonight we are going to drive around a look at Christmas lights. Always puts me in the Christmas spirit.

3 comments:

cod said...

Beautiful photo of the rainbow!

Kat, I hope you are starting to feel better. These things hang on this time of year and are no fun. Is that a Golden with a trim or a lab? Look at Riley's gorgeous hair! Look at Brady's face looking out the door. LOOK AT THAT CREEK! EEK! Tom is worried about the new lights they put in in October.

We will definitely keep those two in our prayers. It's hard to believe that your neighbor, being such a jokester, has so much wrong. So sad.

ODonnell Family Blog said...

The lights are fine. We tested them today. We had expert help!

We got the news today that Rif's surgery was sucessful. He will be recovering through the weekend. Not sure when he will come home.

cod said...

Good news on both, Kat!