Friday, February 20, 2009

I Could Go For Miles And Miles....



There are some days that I feel like I am in the car all day long - driving the boys to school, driving to the grocery, driving to play groups, driving, driving, driving. I have even had to get gas twice in one week. At the first of the year I decided to see how many miles I drive in a week. I average about 200 miles per week. That's a lot of driving for someone who doesn't have a job to commute to. I told Tod about this and he was floored about how many miles I am putting on the van. In the past two weeks I have tried to limit my trips to the grocery and I have tried to make sure I am not driving "wasted" miles. I've cut back by 50 miles each week. Now I feel trapped in the house! I guess those 50 miles are needed for my sanity.

6 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Megan and I were just taking about driving yesterday....she was saying it would be great if we lived in a city where there is awesome public transportation, like London. Wanna move? Sounds kinda fun. :-)

Amy said...

Drive those extra miles to keep your sanity. I sure do. Brandon was just telling me the other day that we have put 6,000 on the van compared to his 1,000 he put on his car....(in the same amount of time)He does take the bus and train and our whole crew can't fit in his car... so I have excuses!......... Drive, girl!

Unknown said...

gas is cheaper than therapy. keep on driving sister!! (i'll see you at target!)

Amy J said...

"gas is cheaper than therapy" LOL I love it!

200 miles a week does seem like a lot. makes me wonder how many miles I do a week.

megan said...

I drive 360 a week (I fill up twice every week) but I tell you, there is something wonderful about everybody being strapped into carseats and the peace that comes with it. It's worth the gas to me!

cod said...

You are an active family. I say you need to do what you need to do to be happy in life. Gas is indeed cheaper than therapy, child care, HSN, ebay or fine wine...........so..........go my child! ;¬)