Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Day...Really??

I woke the boys up around 6:15am. (Well, Brady was already up!) Tod was already eating breakfast and watching Sports Center. I put the boys cereal on the table then bundled up to get the morning paper. Brrrr. It was bitterly cold out with a slight dusting of snow on the ground. Back inside I turned on the back deck lights so the boys could see the snow. Then the phone rang. We all kind of looked at each other - "Who would call so early?" I answered the phone and it was a recorded message saying "Due to the icy conditions school will be cancelled today." What? Really? Again? Right now it is still super cold, but the sun is shining and there isn't any ice or snow anywhere. I think this was a bad call. Maybe a 2 hour delay, but the whole day off? Oh well. I've thrown out my "to do" list and have been playing Mario Kart with Jacob most of the morning. Now we have two snow days to make up. I hope they can make it up on President's Day. Looks like we are going to have to say in today because of temperature. On the bright side...it's going to be in the 60's over the weekend!

4 comments:

megan said...

I know. I'm thankful for the day with Emily and not having to drive her to school, but it seems pretty ridiculous. I do have friends in Matthews though that said they got a good bit of snow and ice, so I guess it was more for them (the cms closing). Crazy.

Amy J said...

It does seem unnecessary doesnt' it? I guess, at least here in Charlotte, they can't do 2-hr delays becuase it messes up the busses.... they don't have enough time to gas up between the latest schools going in 2-hrs late and the earliest schools letting out. Seems ridiculous.

The Baur Family said...

I'm not sure CMS believes in delays. I have never known them to delay anything, it has always been cancelled. We have our first snow make-up day on President's Day. Great, of course the weekend I had planned on a long weekend at the beach. ;)

cod said...

I remember this kind of discussions when I was a young mom. It's a bit nostalgic for me! ;¬}