Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Can I Have A Do Over?

I knew today was going to be a long day. Heck, It's been a long week! Whenever we have these 100% chance of rain days I start off a little gloomy. I think someone needs to check in on my at least every hour to make sure I keep my head out of the oven! We get that little taste of spring then **SLAP** it's winter again. (sigh) This morning I almost forgot to pack Jacob's lunch, didn't have any clean socks, dropped Brady's backpack in a puddle while running into the school in a downpour, and spent 2.5 hours at the dentist. I would like a do over. I had to have a cavity filled this morning. My appointment was at 930am. This is only my 3rd cavity so I'm still a little squeemish when it comes to the giant silver needle-gun-thingy that is supposed to deaden your mouth. After they "shot" me I waited for about 5 minutes for them to start drilling. As soon as the drill hit my tooth pain shot through my mouth. The dentist was completely suprised. She jumped with me and apologized over and over again. They loaded me up with another shot of novocaine...waited....drilled...OUCH! They gave me 10 shots of novocaine. Ten! I could still feel them drilling. It REALLY HURT!! My eyes were tearing up because it was so painful. They put a temporary filling in and I go back in a couple of weeks for round 2 of the tourturous drilling. They told me that some people just do not react to novocaine. Great. Why can't I win the lottery instead being in that minute percentage of people who are immune to novocaine?? It is 345 and I just ate lunch. My face...yep..my entire face has been numb for over 4 hours. I feel like I was punched in the face. I think I would have rather been!
So, I'm calling for a do over. Not that I want to replay my day. I'm just ready for tomorrow to begin. I think I will sit, read, then go buy a Powerball ticket!

4 comments:

cod said...

Oh yikes! You should have gone to Brady's doctor!

((((((Kat))))))........so sorry! Remember this if you ever need a local. Hopefully there is an alternative, huh?

......Dr. Cod will be conducting a search.

Anonymous said...

Think you need to take the laughing gas option. Nothing like time delay novacaine to ruin your entire day. Hang in there kid, gotta get better!!!!

g

Unknown said...

first this and now sick brady. i think you need a do over for the entire WEEK!!! hoepfully things will pick up soon (and the sun will return!)

Jane said...

Oooh....what a nightmare! Yeah there has got to be a better option. I have been through dental hell this past year and can relate!! It is NOT fun like at all.