Thursday, July 10, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Tod and I have always wanted the boys to share a room. We bought bunk beds for them and set them up about two weeks ago. Jacob has loved sleeping on the top bunk. He told me that he is now a big kid because he is brave enough to sleep "up top". Brady is having a tough adjustment to sleeping in a big boy bed. He still wants the comfort of the crib. Each night it is a struggle to keep him in bed. Nap time is worse.

Last night was the first time he slept through the night in the bottom bunk. We had an "up and down" time for about 15 minutes before he finally gave in and went to sleep. Today at nap time he kept getting up. It took me 30 minutes to get him to settle down and stay in his bed. I checked on him about ten minutes later. He was GONE! I couldn't find him! Panic set in. I checked his bed, the crib, closet, bathroom...nowhere! I checked the guest room. I called his name. All of the doors were locked so I knew he couldn't get outside. How did he slip past me? I searched the entire house for him. Jacob was completely unconcerned. I was in a total panic. I went back to the boys room and looked again. I still couldn't find him. Then I heard a little noise. He was in the top bunk sound asleep. Whew! I can't believe he climbed up there. Little Stinker! Now I have to worry about him falling out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so funny!

my nephews slept in bunk beds together for years... both in the top bunk!!! maybe a solution??

megan said...

At least the top bunk is big, right? I think you said they're double beds? Oh, I feel your pain though. Sleep battles are terrible.

Amy J said...

It's always the last place you'd expect, huh! I guess he just wants to be a big boy like Jacob. Hopefully the transition will be quick!

cod said...

Aw! I understand that panic. I put Tod down for a nap once, when he was about Brady's age. Tom went in our room and took a nap and I was feeding Sean. When I got done, I put Sean down and checked Tod's bed and it was empty. I panicked and searched the house, THOUGHT OF THE LAKE behind our house, but saw the doors were locked and renewed my search. Finally I burst into our bedroom door to wake Tom and ...yep...there they were....father and son all snuggled up and sound asleep.

So, I had some tequila.........

Just kidding!