Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Camp Morganton 2008










We spent a week with my parents in Morganton, NC. We have done this for the past couple of years and have come to call our summer visit - Camp Morganton. My Mom planned a fun week for me and the boys.

Our first stop was Tweetsie Railroad. It was so much fun. I thought it would be super cheesy, but it was actually a really fun day. The Cowboy/Indians was not very PC but the kids loved the shootout and the train ride. I took Jacob for his very first Ferris wheel ride. It was terrifying! I remember Ferris wheels being quite harmless. We were traveling at lightening speed on a Ferris wheel on top of a mountain. Jacob's little arms and legs were trembling. I had to hold it together (and try to keep down my hot dog I had for lunch) just to keep talking to him. My Mom, ever so wisely, took Brady on the Merry-go-round. They both had a wonderful time.

We spent another day at Lake James State Park. It is a beautiful beach area on the lake. The water is so shallow that we could sit on the shoreline and watch the boys splash in the water. They loved the freedom.

On the 4th of July we decorated my Dad's golf cart and we participated in the neighborhood golf cart parade. Jacob drove and Brady waved to everyone.
My parents thankfully watched the boys while Tod and I spent Saturday night in Boone. We went hiking along the Blueridge Parkway, got caught in a rain storm, toured around AppState, and RELAXED!!

We had such a great time at Camp Morganton! Can't wait for next year!

7 comments:

melissa said...

wow..looks like a beautiful place! Glad you had a great trip. See you soon. Melissa C

Unknown said...

what a wonderful trip... i'm sure your folks loved having you all!

megan said...

Sounds like lots of fun and it looks beautiful there!

Jane said...

Those were great pictures Kat!! I'm glad you guys had a great time! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Varna said...

Sounds fun, what a great idea! Beautiful mountains!

cod said...

Does Camp Morganton have any openings for next season??? ;¬)

I'm so glad you had a great time. LOVED the pics of everyone smiling!!

See you at Camp Craig's Creek in a few weeks. :¬)

cod said...

OH...I forgot to ask if Tweetsie Railroad was better than the Otterville Railway ride????

Hard to imagine......... ;¬)