Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am Changed




IKEA has changed me into a shopper. I took my first trip to the Swedish wonderland today and am changed forever.

I have never been a shopper. Any kind of shopping - grocery, clothes, furniture - all of it. I remember going back to school shopping with my Mom and only buying one outfit while my sister tried on every item of clothing in the entire store. I just didn't like to shop. Until today.

The maze of amazing products from kids toys to outdoor furniture was completely mesmerizing. I was lost in it's organization. The little showrooms made my head spin with design ideas.

Thank you, IKEA, for showing me the way to a shoppers paradise!

6 comments:

Amy J said...

Hahaha! We went this weekend and the crowds (and 2 kids in tow) made it a little overwhelming. I'd like to go back sans kids and on a weekday and just take it all in. Some stuff I didn't care for, but others I really want! :)

my reality bit said...

love that "lost in it's organization" .. I've never been but I hear it's awesome!

cod said...

Kat.........you know I am with you about just shopping as a sport, but IKEA is like entering some sort of perfect warehouse world stuffed with artistic form!

vickie said...

welcome to the cult. :-)

you can pick up your flüngdarn initiation robe in the bed and bath section...

Jennifer B. said...

Ikea is pretty cool but a bit overwhelming. I'm glad you had a nice experience. :-)

Unknown said...

welcome to the dark side!!!