Monday, March 2, 2009

In Like A Lion

March sure rolled in like a lion this year! The boys have their 3rd snow day this winter. The first two snow days were a little questionable, but this one was definitely a good call. We had four inches of rain on Saturday and Sunday then on Sunday night we had 3-5 inches of snow fall! The snow has been so beautiful. It has been a long time since I have seen snow like this. The boys held out until 9:00 am to go outside and play. With two pair of pants, four shirts, two pair of socks and gloves, coats and hats all securely in place we set out into the great white yard. The boys wanted to build a snowman first. Here is Frosty. Poor Frosty didn't last long due to sunshine and/or poor construction.



The boys gave me their best cheesy cold face smiles.





Being ever so helpful, Brady decided to use his little bulldozer to scrape the snow off of the driveway. This may take a while.


Jacob and his fireman boots made many trails through our front yard.


The boys came in and we watched the Curious George movie and ate a picnic lunch in the living room. Brady is now napping and Jacob and I are watching Hook. Now that Jacob is in Kindergarten our family time is so precious. I'm never going to complain about snow days. We are having a blast.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

kat, we are leading parallel lives! i was going to start a post "in like a lion" and we too built our snowman (frostetta) and watched hook. glad you enjoyed your snow day!

cod said...

I knew you'd be having a great day!

You are a "fun" mom. They are the best kind!

Thanks for the pics. I laughed so hard at Brady's little bulldozer. The Snort That Could!

megan said...

Was that Curious George movie in Chinese??? ;)
I totally agree with you about never complaining about a snow day. These days with our big kids are so precious!!! All day I've just been so thankful to have Emily here. Glad you had some quality time with Jacob!

Nic said...

Here's hoping your movie was in Engligh! Even with Will in preschool, I was reminding myself how lucky I was today to have both boys home ALL day. Sounds like you made the most of your day together.